- For there to be story, something has to move, to change. Something goes from point A to point B. Example: a decision, a change in person.
- For there to be a story, something’s got to happen. Narrative conflict is what makes it happen. This can be: a conflict between characters, a character’s internal conflict, or even a conflict between characters and an impersonal force.
- Make the conflict interesting
- Create a story climax, where build up the conflict to a crisis point, where things just can’t continue the way they are. A decision has to be made or something has to change.
- Does the story have to have a conflict in it?
- What cause the characters to have the motivation of doing something?
- Do I need to plot or needn’t to plot?