- Content: Have you done everything the assignment requires? Is the argument complete?
- Overall structure: Is your thesis clearly stated in your introduction? Is it clear how each paragraph in the body of your paper is related to your thesis? Make an outline of the paper after you have written the first draft.
- Structure within paragraphs: clear topic sentence, stick to the main idea.
- Clarity: Have you defined any important terms that might be unclear to your reader?
- Style: use appropriate tone, Have you varied the length and structure of your sentences?
- Why is editing so important to a writing?
- What if you don’t edit your writing?
- How is editing different from proofreading?